Playwright Test Overview
- Create a Scenario
- Testable APIs: CSVs, metrics, logging, execution info, live events
Check out the Getting Started with Playwright Test guide for a quick introduction on how to run your Playwright Test suite on Testable. Also check out our Playwright overview guide to better understand how Playwright tests run on Testable in general.
There are two ways to create a Playwright scenario:
- Create a new Test Case (Create Test button on the dashboard or Test Cases -> New… on the left nav), select Playwright during step 2.
- Go to an existing test case and click on the Scenario tab. Click the New Scenario button and select Playwright as the scenario type.
- Upload All Files: Zip up your Playwright Test project and upload it to Testable. Note that if you upload a zip file it will be unzipped on the test runner before running
npx playwright test.
- Version Control: Download the test files from a version control repository. See our version control guide for more details.
The testable-utils library provides several Testable APIs for:
- Capturing custom metrics
- Execution Info
- Reading from a CSV file
- Timing code blocks
- Live manual events
All these APIs will work when run locally as well, mostly writing to the console where appropriate. See the testable-utils README for more details.